Car Accident Lawyers in Encinitas, California
If you or a loved one was recently hurt in a car accident, you may have many questions about your rights and what your next steps should be. Serious car accident injuries can impact all aspects of your life, from your ability to work and your ability to engage in regular life activities. If you have been seriously injured, or if your life has changed because of a car accident, consider reaching out to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, car accident lawyers in Encinitas, California, who work closely with those who have been hurt due to the negligent actions of other drivers on the road. If you have been injured in a crash, you may be facing medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and may have lost wages due to missed time from work. Our auto accident attorneys may be able to help you seek damages for these losses. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a car accident law firm in Encinitas, California today.
How a Lawyer Can Help You with Your Car Accident Insurance Claim
If you have been in a car accident and the crash was not your fault, you may be wondering what your next steps should be. After a car accident, you should always file a police report and seek medical care, but what should you do next? After you report the accident to insurers, what steps can you take to help you and your family receive the best recovery possible under the law?
- Gather Information. Insurance adjusters will need information about your accident to file your claim. You’ll need the name, contact information, and insurance company of the other driver. If there were witnesses at the scene of the accident who saw what took place, you may want to record their names and phone numbers. Take pictures of damages to your vehicle and keep all medical records and bills following your accident.
- Contact insurance companies. After an accident, it is important to report the accident to insurance companies. You don’t have to tell insurance adjusters who you think is at fault. You only must tell insurance companies that an accident took place. Insurance companies will perform their own investigations to determine who was at fault in your car accident. They might review police reports, look at evidence, and speak to witnesses. During this process, it can sometimes be helpful to have a car accident lawyer on your side to gather relevant evidence, present it to adjusters, and advocate on your behalf. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are car accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who can work directly with adjusters in your best interests.
- If the other driver was at fault, hire an auto accident lawyer. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can navigate the complexities of the claims process when the other driver was responsible for the accident. In the case of serious injury claims, insurance companies often want to protect their bottom lines. While insurance companies must act in good faith and investigate claims, sometimes they use computer programs or estimates to determine damages, or they may not perform an in-depth investigation that considers all relevant facts. Having a qualified car accident law firm on your side can help you though this process. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates can put together evidence and present the facts to insurance adjusters so that fault is properly determined and victims are fairly compensated for their injuries.
- Do you understand your insurance policy? Car insurance policies may sometimes contain quite a bit of fine print and complex legal language. If you are having trouble understanding your policy or are confused about what your policy covers, reach out to the car accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates today. Our firm can help you understand your rights and options under the law.
The insurance claims process can sometimes be stressful, but you are not alone. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a car accident law firm who can help you navigate the claims process. However, you may only have a limited amount of time under the law to make a claim. Act now to protect your rights.
Causes of Car Accidents in Encinitas, California
According to the Stanford Center for Internet and Society, human error accounts for most car accidents. Many car accidents could have been easily prevented had drivers focused on the road instead of their phones, avoided speeding, and followed the law. What are some major causes of car accidents in Encinitas, California?
- Distracted Driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, distracted driving resulted in 3,450 deaths in 2016. These figures don’t begin to account for the number of people who are seriously injured because drivers cannot put down their phones. In the time it takes to check a text message or plug in an address into a map, a vehicle traveling at 55 miles per hour can travel the length of a football field. If another person’s distracted driving resulted in your injuries or losses, Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are auto accident lawyers in Encinitas, California who may be able to assist you with your claim. Our firm can investigate your case closely to determine whether distracted driving may have played a role.
- Drunk Driving. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, every day 800 people are injured in drunk driving accidents. This is too many people. Lives are changed due to drunk drivers every day. If a drunk driver resulted in your injuries, Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a car accident law firm who can help you and your family seek the justice you may deserve under the law.
- Speed kills. If another driver’s speeding resulted in your accident, you may be entitled to seek damages to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Reckless Driving or Road Rage. Anger and driving don’t mix. If another person’s reckless driving or road rage resulted in an accident, speak to the car accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates today in Encinitas, California.
These are just some of the causes of car accidents in Encinitas, California. If you have been hurt in a crash, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. California’s statute of limitations places strict limits in how long you can take to file a lawsuit against negligent parties. While not all car accidents will lead to a lawsuit, having the right to file a claim can be important leverage when dealing with insurance adjusters or negligent parties.
Car accidents can impact all aspects of your life. You might be suffering from a spinal cord injury, back or neck injury, whiplash, traumatic brain injury, internal injury, or another serious injury because of your accident. The medical expenses following a serious crash can be high. Fortunately, you are not alone and you may have the right to make a claim under the law. Contact the compassionate and caring car accident lawyers at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Encinitas, California today.