Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Encinitas, California
Motorcyclists love the freedom of the open road and California is a wonderful place to experience the joy of the highway. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates understand that motorcycle riders tend to be among the safest users of the road. Riders often take extra safety courses and are more likely to drive defensively. After all, motorcyclists don’t have the chassis of a vehicle to protect them in the event of an accident.
The reality is that many motorcycle accidents occur due to no fault of the motorcyclist. A small error on the part of a passenger vehicle can result in catastrophic injuries for motorcyclists. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to the negligence or neglect of another driver in Encinitas, California, Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are motorcycle accident attorneys who may be able to help you. Our firm can speak to insurance adjusters and fight negligent parties either inside or outside of court to help you get the recovery you may deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Injuries and Their Cost
When accidents occur, motorcycle riders can suffer from a range of costly serious injuries. Some of the most serious of these injuries can result in medical bills and rehabilitative expenses that can cost more than $1 million. If you have been seriously injured, you may be angry, sad, confused and stressed. You may be wondering what your next steps should be. Here are some common motorcycle injuries and their associated costs. If you or a loved one suffered an injury like the ones described below consider speaking to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, motorcycle accident lawyers in Encinitas, California today.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal cord injury occurs when a person injures the spinal cord in a motorcycle accident. Because motorcycle riders don’t have the protection of a vehicle to absorb the force of a crash, spinal cord injuries might be more common among riders. Spinal cord injury is one of the most serious injuries that a person can suffer. It can result in permanent loss of motion or sensation below the site of injury and can lead to major life changes as a result. While the cost of spinal cord injury treatment will depend on the seriousness of your injury, according to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, high tetraplegia can cost victims and their families approximately $1,064,716 in the first year alone. Paraplegia can leave victims and families with medical bills more than $500,000 in just the first year. The average cost of spinal cord injury in the years that follow can range from $184,000 each year to $42,000 each year. For many families, this is their entire yearly salary, or more. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, consider speaking to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Even if you were wearing a helmet, head trauma due to a motorcycle accident can lead to serious brain injuries. Even a mild traumatic brain injury can lead to memory changes, mood changes, and can interfere with a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks. Serious traumatic brain injury can impact your ability to move, think, remember, and perform life tasks. It can also change a person’s moods, sleep patterns, and personality. Any brain injury following a motorcycle accident is serious. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are motorcycle accident lawyers who can help you navigate the claims process if you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in Encinitas, California.
- Amputations can not only lead to disfigurement, but they can also impact your movement and your ability to perform regular life tasks. Motorcycle riders may be more at risk of amputations after a crash because the rider’s limbs are exposed. After an amputation, victims might suffer from pain, and they may also need adaptive devices or rehabilitation if they have suffered an amputation. This injury can impact all aspects of your life. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates is a motorcycle accident law firm who may be able to help you make a claim under the law for your amputation.
- Road Rash. When skin hits the pavement, it can become abraded or injured in a crash. Road rash can be incredibly painful, lead to missed time from work, and in some cases, can be disfiguring. If you have suffered road rash due to the negligent actions of another driver, you may have the right to make a claim under the law.
- Broken Bones. While broken bones do not usually lead to permanent injuries, they can interfere with your quality of life and ability to work for weeks. You may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical expenses and lost wages for this time.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The psychological impacts of a motorcycle accident are real. Individuals might need weeks to months of care to recover from the psychological trauma of a crash. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder may not always be immediately apparent after an accident. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are motorcycle accident attorneys who offer caring and compassionate counsel to victims to help them seek the care they need and fight for the claims they may deserve under the law.
These are just some of the injuries riders can suffer after a motorcycle accident. Riders can also suffer internal injuries, may need to undergo surgery, and may face a long road to recovery after a crash. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, your focus should be on healing. Let Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California assist you with your motorcycle accident claim.
What Should I Do After My Motorcycle Accident in Encinitas, California?
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Encinitas, California, protect your rights. Call the police and make a police report. Call insurance companies and report the accident, and seek medical attention as soon as possible. You may also want to contact a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer in Encinitas, California like Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates. Our firm can help you with insurance claims and assist you should you need to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our firm can review your case, and fight to hold negligent parties accountable. Sometimes drivers might try to blame the rider for a crash. Sometimes individuals are biased about motorcyclists, believing that riders are “daredevils” or “risk takers.” When the other party is blaming you, it helps to have a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer fighting for your interests and rights. You may be entitled to receive damages for your:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- and any future expenses resulting from your crash
However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a motorcycle accident law firm in Encinitas, California today. We are here to help.