Boating Accident Lawyers in Escondido, California
The California Division of Boating and Waterways reports that, in 2016, boating accidents resulted in an estimated $3,911,886 in property damage. These figures don’t account for the real cost of injuries and deaths individuals can sometimes sustain while boating around Escondido, California. While boating is a wonderful way to enjoy a sunny day, it can also be dangerous if individuals aren’t properly trained, if drunk boating is involved, if distracted boating is involved, or if boaters make critical errors. Boating accidents can be very costly for victims and families. Not only might your boat be wrecked, but you and your loved ones might be facing high medical costs, weeks to months of rehabilitative care, lost wages due to missed time from work, and pain and suffering. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California who understand boating accident law and who can help you navigate the claims process.
Causes of Boating Accidents in Escondido, California
Many factors lead to boating accidents in Escondido, California. The California Division of Boating and Waterways reports on the many reasons why boating accidents occur. If you’ve been hurt in a boating accident due to the negligence of another boater or individual, you may have the right to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California today.
- Collision with another boat. The most common boating accidents often involve collisions with another boat. Of the 588 boating accidents in 2016, 209 involved a crash with another boater. Boat crashes can occur for many of the same reasons that driving accidents occur. Boaters may have been distracted or they may have been drinking. Exceeding boating speed limits, reckless or careless boating, or inexperienced boaters can also contribute to accidents. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California who work closely with injured boaters to help them seek compensation for their losses. Visit us today if you believe another boater may have been responsible for your accident.
- Sinking or Capsizing. Less common boating accidents involve sinking and capsizing. However, when these accidents occur, they can be serious. Individuals can be injured or die due to exposure in cold water. Others can drown if boats are not equipped with proper safety equipment. Commercial boat operators can be held negligent if the boat sinks or capsizes and riders do not have life jackets or if safety measures weren’t properly performed. If you have been hurt in a boating accident due to a sinking or capsizing boat, visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident attorneys in Escondido, California today.
- Man or Woman Overboard. Sudden stops, careless or reckless boating, and other accidents can lead to falls overboard. When this happens, victims can drown or become seriously injured.
- Slip and Fall. Boat surfaces can be slippery. Commercial boat operators and private boat operators alike have a responsibility to prevent dangerous slip and falls on their boats. Putting slip-resistant surfaces on decks known to get wet can help, as can ensuring that there are proper hand railings in areas where a slip and fall can be dangerous. If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall on a private or commercial boat, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Visit Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California to learn more about your options and rights.
- Struck by Boat. Boaters have a responsibility to operate their boats safely, and to avoid areas where there may be swimmers. While divers and snorkelers are required to use proper flags to indicate their presence in the water, boaters need to also abide by laws regarding how they should operate their boats when there are divers and swimmers present. When they fail to do this, the consequences can be tragic. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident attorneys in Escondido, California who may be able to help you and your family navigate the claims process if you have been struck by a boat.
Many factors contribute to boating accidents. Fortunately, most accidents can be prevented with proper training, precautions, and safety. However, when boaters act irresponsibly, injuries and deaths can occur. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are boating accident lawyers who offer caring and compassionate counsel to boating accident victims and their families.
Injured in a Jet Ski Accident?
Jet skis can be fun, but they also pose unique challenges and risks for those who use them. Jet ski riders can reach speeds upwards of 60 miles per hour. These same riders may not have the protection of a boat should an accident occur. In some cases, the victims in jet ski accidents are teens and children. Hundreds of people are injured in jet ski accidents every year. Common jet ski accidents include brain injury, drowning, and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can be life-threatening and life-altering. Jet ski riders can collide with one another, collide with fixed structures in the water, and even collide with swimmers and other boaters. Like any watercraft, proper training is important. However, many jet ski riders fail to get the training they need or they may fail to wear floatation devices. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a jet ski accident, consider reaching out to the boating accident attorneys at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Escondido, California.
Seek Justice Today
You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim for your boating accident injuries. If another party was responsible for your injuries and losses, you may be entitled to make a claim under the law. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are compassionate and caring boating accident lawyers in Escondido, California who work closely with individuals and families who have been impacted by boating accidents. You have rights under the law and don’t have to navigate the claims process alone. Call us at 855-290-8080 today to learn more.