Construction Accident Lawyers in Escondido, California
If you’ve been hurt in a construction accident in Escondido, California, you may have many questions. You may wonder how you can make a claim to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Can you make a claim with worker’s compensation or will you need to pursue a lawsuit? A construction accident lawyer in Escondido, California like the attorneys at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates work closely with victims and families to help them seek the recoveries they may deserve under the law. Our firm can review the details of your claim, determine the best course of action, and fight to help you and your family get the best possible recovery permitted under the law in California.
Worker’s Compensation Claims in Escondido, California
If you’ve been hurt on the job at a construction site, you are most likely covered under California’s worker’s compensation. If your employer tells you that you are not entitled to worker’s compensation, you may want to speak to the construction accident law firm at Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates in Escondido, California. Our firm can review your situation and help you understand what your rights are. For example, if you are not covered by worker’s compensation, you may have the right to sue the owner of the construction site for your injuries. Regardless of whether you are covered under worker’s compensation or can pursue a lawsuit, time is of the essence. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law should you need to pursue a claim through litigation and you may also only have a limited amount of time to make a worker’s compensation claim.
Your employer may not be required to provide you with a worker’s compensation claim form. Victims and their families may have to advocate for themselves and their rights if an employer doesn’t provide a claim form after an accident. If your claim is denied after you file a claim form, you may have a limited amount of time to file an appeal. You have the right to dispute any denial. If your worker’s compensation claim has been denied, reach out to Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, a construction accident law firm in Escondido, California. Our firm can gather evidence or help you dispute your case should you claim need to be heard by a judge.
Causes of Construction Accidents in Escondido, California
Companies have a responsibility to make their construction sites as safe as possible for workers. However, sometimes construction companies might cut corners when it comes to safety and training, resulting in serious injuries to workers. If you’ve been hurt in a construction accident in Escondido, California, you may have the right to make either a worker’s compensation claim or file a lawsuit. What are some of the leading causes of construction accidents in Escondido, California?
- Slip and Falls. Companies have a responsibility to keep floors and surfaces as safe as possible and free of hazards, whenever possible. When companies fail to take steps to protect their workers or fail to provide their workers with fall safety equipment, workers can be seriously injured or killed on the job. Workers who work at height should receive proper height safety training. Additionally, if workers use ladders on the job, these ladders should be designed to be as secure as possible, or workers should receive proper training in ladder safety. Your employer may be required to supply you with helmet, harness, and other fall safety equipment as well.
- Failure to Meet Safety Standards. Construction sites are required to abide by certain strict safety standards. When companies fail to meet these standards, they can be held responsible for covering their employees’ medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Safety standards can include special safety training, safety equipment, and safety precautions. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are construction accident attorneys in Escondido, California who understand safety standards and who can help you if your company violated these standards.
- Vehicle Accidents. Construction sites can involve the use of large vehicles and heavy equipment. When companies fail to properly train workers or fail to take safety precautions regarding equipment, employees can get injured from crashes, falling objects, or misused or malfunctioning heavy equipment.
- Chemical Exposure. When a work site involves the removal or handling of hazardous materials, employers have a responsibility to protect their workers from exposure and offer safety training regarding hazardous materials.
- On a construction site, there may be exposed wires or live wires. Employers have a responsibility to protect workers from electrocution and to provide training to workers who work closely with potentially dangerous situations.
Construction sites can be dangerous. However, when companies follow the law, provide safety equipment, and provide workers with proper training, workers can be protected from possible injuries. However, when companies cut corners and workers get injured, the construction site owner or contractor could be held responsible for a worker’s injuries and losses. Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates are construction accident attorneys who can assist you with the claims process, if you’ve been hurt on a construction site due to your employer’s negligence or failure to abide by the law.
Seek Assistance for Your Construction Accident Claim
If you have been hurt on a construction site, you may be facing a range of challenges. Injuries can include traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, burns, internal injuries, broken bones, and other serious injuries. These injuries can impact all aspects of your life and affect your ability to continue working. They can also be incredibly costly for both victims and their families. In the aftermath of a construction accident, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Contact Jeffrey E. Estes & Associates, Escondido, California construction accident lawyers today. Our firm can help you with your worker’s compensation claim or help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit if appropriate. We can also help you appeal a denied worker’s compensation claim. Contact us today.